lunes, 13 de noviembre de 2017

For the birds (Short film to teach values)



Short films are and interactive tool for teaching and learning, and for me, “a must”, for motivating students and engage them on learning. Working with films is an eye catching way of working with different contents.

I have chosen the film  “For the birds” because this video made me think about the importance of teaching values at school. Unfortunately, most of children do not respect the other. One of my groups in my institute is sometimes laughing at others, so I think this is the great opportunity to change their view. I always speak with them and teach them about the significance of respect, but then, they do it again. So, I am going to work on this video for then reflecting.

By using Movie Maker, I have added to it some comment for making it like more interactive. For instance, after the title I wrote: "What do you think this story is about?". Then, when the birds laughed at the lonely one, I wrote "Why are they laughing at the bird?". In this way, the use of this video promote participation and also teach about values in a more attractive way.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario